We've prepared some useful tips to help improve your roaming experience
- Activate one of our roaming plans. To find out more, click here.
- Avoid unnecessary calls while roaming. Let your callers know that you are abroad.
- Avoid unexpected data charges by switching off mobile data. If mobile data is switched on whilst you're connected to Wi-Fi, your phone could switch over to using mobile data if the Wi-Fi signal is weak. When this happens, data charges as per roaming rates would apply.
- Switch to a preferred roaming network. While roaming in the US, the preferred roaming networks are AT&T and T Mobile. In Canada, the preferred networks are Rogers, Bell and Telus.
- Remember to enter phone numbers according to the dialing pattern of the country or city you are in. To make things easier, store numbers in the international format. Example, for numbers in the USA, save the contact as +147956323333.
- Remember to pack your phone, charger and travel adapter.
- We suggest you pack your Digicel mobile phone in your hand luggage while flying and always switch off your phone before you board the airplane.
- If you lose your Digicel mobile phone or SIM card while Roaming, contact us immediately.
- Before roaming, ensure that you cancel call forwarding and all voicemail diverts by dialing *#002#.